Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

FARMERS MARKET




I'm obsessed with the farmers market. Yesterday I got there early, so I had lots of time to poke around. Th vegan food stall is still on vacation. Apparently they get back mid-September. I just cannot wait. My heart really sank when I didn't find them upon my arrival in June. Regardless, I think the FM is actually the best place to get vegan food in Dunedin. I mean, it's the best place to get any kind of food in Dunedin, and the venue couldn't be better.

As per usual, I got a steamed bun from the tofu stall. I normally get the usual tofu and veggie bun, but this time I got the tofu curry bun. I might like the other one better, but let's be real, the bun and the chili sauce are the parts that really matter. The chili sauce is the best, and sometimes I want to just take the container of chili sauce they have at the stall, place my bun into it, and eat it with a soup spoon, because ideally that's how much chili sauce I would like.

I was about to leave when I decided to check out the crêpe stall. I had always looked longingly at the sign listing all the food accommodations they could navigate, but then I would gaze at the massive lineup and decide that I didn't want to make a fuss. But I was there so early, there was no line! I walked up and asked Marie (I think Marie was her name) what kind of vegan crêpes they could make. She asked whether I wanted sweet or savory (savory, obvs) and then she gave me a few options. She made me a roasted veggie crepe with salad, humous, a thick, kind of sweet, tomato relish-type sauce, and some nuts. It was really good. Marie said that when I went to the stall again I should make sure I go to her and she'll whip up something vegan and delicious. My vegan prayers were answered! I cried a little.

No comments: